I have long since given up on making New Year’s resolutions. I rarely keep them and then I just get angry with myself and I feel let down, but “they” say that if you write down your goals you are more likely to keep them. I came up with the (completely original, I know) idea of writing my resolutions in my blog. That way, my thousands (okay maybe A LOT less) followers can witness all my goals and call me out when I start to slide. Just humor me, okay?
- I will start running again……..no, seriously. I mean it this time because my daughter wants to start running and she is driven and a little scary when she wants to accomplish something.
- I will remain calm when my children are hell-bent on driving me batshit crazy. I will breathe…….and drink more wine.
- I’m a “grudge holder”. If you wrong me, I will remember it FOREVER. I will try to forgive the people who are on my permanent shit list. I’m not making any promises, but I’ll give it a try.
- I will not worry so much about EVERYTHING. I really need to follow through with this particular resolution because all my worry is starting to affect my health and well-being.
- I will take more time for myself so I have more patience for my family.
- I will spend less time on Pinterest…….a little less ( I’m being realistic here, people.).
- When I look in the mirror I will no longer say, “If only my stomach was a bit more toned. If only I didn’t have these dark spots on my cheeks. If only I didn’t have the tiny wrinkles around my eyes.” No more “if onlys”. I will give myself a damn break.
- I will grow my highlights out and go back to being a brunette. This will last for about a week, but it’s a tradition that I say this every year, so why break tradition?
- I will be less snarky. Notice, I said less? I am who I am.
- I will not let people’s lack of manners when driving throw me into road rage. Actually, “carpool rage.”
- I will cuddle more with my” big” kids, no matter how often they roll their eyes and say, ” Come on, mom!”
- When my husband tells me I’m beautiful, funny or smart I will accept it. Especially in front of my daughter.
- I will play football, baseball and basketball with my boys. I will try to understand football for Cooper because he loves it so much. Before you call me sexist, my daughter is not into those sports.
- I will buy new bras. Don’t ask.
- I won’t get behind on the wash. I know, hilarious, right?
- Before I get annoyed or roll my eyes at someone, I will remember everyone is dealing with something. I will simply love more.
There you have it, my resolutions. Do you think I will be able to keep any of these? Only time will tell. If you are so inclined, share your New Year’s resolutions with me……..remember “they” say it helps to write them down and maybe this time “they” will be right. Happy New Year.